I’m pretty sure it wasn’t a coincidence the other day, but was instead a Sign, when two things happened at the same time: A recording of the Oak Ridge Boys singing ‘Amazing Grace’ to President Bush Senior came on the radio… and just as it started, an electronic display board I was driving past flashed the words ‘Amazing Grace.’
Grace truly is an amazing thing, and it has worked amazing things in my own life in 2012. It helped me practice well on my three words of “Pray, Produce, & Conserve” that I had started the year wanting to try.
That said, I’m setting out into 2013 with a very high bar for myself. Here are my resolutions for 2013… My “BIG 10“…
- Pray the Liturgy of the Hours every day.
- Exercise every day. Run another 5k. Try to run a 10k.
- Finish work earlier and spend more evening time with Suzanne & the boys.
- Have more patience with the boys. Discipline them more effectively; raise my voice less.
- Learn Japanese.
- Help the team I manage have better lives and love their jobs even more.
- Write a Blog post at least once a week.
- Converse with people more; show more genuine affection & appreciation.
- Work with our parish school to start a childrens’ Schola Cantorum.
- Tell Suzanne that I love her every day.
Here’s to a happy, healthy, and productive new year to you and yours… Here goes!