This is Michael’s family’s recipe, the one he’s become known for making for family and friends every month or so. He’ll normally double or triple the batch (although tripling often requires more than one mixing bowl) so that he can use a whole bunch of bananas and share loaves with more friends.
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp veg. oil
- .75 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts (pecans)
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2-3 medium)
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease & flour 9x5x3 loaf pan or 2 8.5×4.5×2.5 pans.
- Measure all ingredients into large mixer bowl.
- Beat on med. until well-mixed, scraping bowl constantly.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 55-65 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan.
- Cool thoroughly before wrapping.