We found this recipe in the book “The Slow Cooker Bible” that we picked up a few months ago at Borders. Michael altered the recipe from the book version by adding a can of cream of chicken soup to the two cans of cream of mushroom that were called for. We found that in our slow cooker, the chicken was tender enough to practically fall apart by the 3 hour mark.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 to 1-1/2 lbs)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 package seasoned stuffing mix, plus ingredients to prepare
- combine flour, seasoned salt and pepper in 1-gallon resealable plastic bag. add chicken. seal bag and shake to coat
- melt butter in large skillet over medium-low heat. brown the chicken on both sides
- place the chicken in the slow cooker. mix the soup in a small bowl and pour over the chicken
- prepare stuffing mix according to directions, using only 1/2 the liquid called for
- arrange stuffing over chicken
- cover; cook on high 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender
(Photo also from the book “The Slow Cooker Bible“.